1921 - 1965: Ausonia (F53)
|Built By:||Armstrong Whitworth (Tyne)|
|Fate:||Decommisioned at Portsmouth in September 1964 and scrapped in August 1965 at
1963: Captain Sub's & Minesweepers in the Med'
1964: Captain Sub's, 5th Sub Divison
Laid up during 1945.
1958 stationed at Malta for the Mediterranean fleet.
In September 1964 decommisioned at Portsmouth and scrapped in August 1965 at Castellon, Spain.
|02-09-1932 :||Requisitioned from Cunard White Star Ltd, Liverpool by the Admiralty and converted to an armed merchant cruiser.|
|27-03-1942 :||Sold to the Admiralty for conversion to a repair ship|
|16-09-1958 :||Commissioned at Devomport to relieve HMS Ranpura after 12 months in reserve|
|18-08-1964 :||Returned to Portsmouth from Malta & sold to Spanish shipbreakers|
|13-09-1965 :||Left Portsmouth for Castellon shipbreakers|