1902 - 1939: Pandora
|Built By:||Raylton Dixon NE (Tees)|
|Fate:||On 23 Nov 1939 she was mined and sunk off Blyth while in tow, was to be stripped for use as a blockship.
- N71 (1914)
- N78 (Jan 1918)
HMS Pandora was the former SS Seti, a 3,099 gross ton cargo ship, built the Moss SS Co, Liverpool
Purchased by the Admiralty on 11 November1 1913 and renamed Pandora, and converted in 1914 to serve as a depot ship in the Royal Navy.
Pandora served submarines in Harwich from the Eighth Submarine Flotilla and Ninth Submarine Flotilla from 1915 to 1918.
In 1922 she was based at Rosyth as mother ship to the 1st Submarine Squadron and then transferred to Chatham.
In 1923 she went to Portsmouth for use as accommodation ship and was renamed HMS Dolphin in 1924.
|05-07-05-190 :||Launched as SS Seti|
|11-11-11-191 :||SS Seti purchased from Russia|
|23-11-23-193 :||Mined and sunk off Blyth while in tow, was to be stripped for use as a blockship.|