1920 - 1952: Wolfe (F37)
|Built By:||John Brown and Co (Cylde)|
|Fate:||Paid off Feb 1949 and scrapped at Faslane, Scotland in Nov 1952.|
The passenger ship Montcalm of the Canadian Pacific Steamships Ltd, Montreal was requisitioned by the Admiralty and converted to an armed merchant cruiser HMS Wolfe (F37).
In November 1941 returned and used as troopship by the Ministry of War Transport.
In January 1942 sold to the Admiralty for conversion to a submarine depot ship
Served as depot ship for the 3rd submarine flotilla until transferred to the Eastern Fleet in 1944
1946-1947: Captain (Subs), 1st Sub Flotilla
|17-10-1940 :||Commissioned as HMS Wolfe (F37)|
|22-05-1942 :||Recommissioned as a submarine depot ship|
|08-11-1952 :||Arrived Faslane for breaking up|