1951 - 1946: Talbot
|Built By:||Harland and Wolff (Belfast)|
|Fate:||Sold 1946 and broken up at Dover|
HMS M29 and her sisters were ordered from Harland & Wolff, Belfast in March 1915. Launched on 22 May 1915, she was completed in June 1915.
HMS M29 was sent to the Mediterranean, and took part in the Battle of Jaffa and remained there until December, 1918. She served from May to September 1919 in support of British and White Russian forces in the White Sea, before returning to England.
In September 1923, HMS M29 was taken in hand for conversion to a minelayer. Equipped to carry 52 mines, she was renamed HMS Medusa in December 1925.
In May 1941, she was converted to a repair ship and became the depot ship for the 10th Submarine Flotilla, being renamed HMS Talbot.
Again renamed HMS Medway II in February 1944, she became the depot ship for the 1st Submarine Flotilla.
She was finally sold in December 1946 for breaking up at Dover