1914 - 1922: F Class
Built as a coastal submarine based on the doubled hulled V class with a few minor improvements. The main improvement being the addition of a stern torpedo tube. Only three were built out of the ten ordered.
Primarily used for coastal defence. All three of the class survived the war and ended their service as training boats at Campbeltown.